rules and tips
Whether you believe in ghosts or not we ask that you follow these rules:
1) Show respect to those in your group, other teams, and the spirits that you are hoping to interact with during the hunt. Both the living and deceased have feelings.
2) Under no circumstance should you split up as a group, or leave any one person alone. It is important for safety reasons to stay together.
3) If you are fortunate enough to experience a paranormal event or interact with an entity, it is extremely important to remain calm and quiet. If you must leave do to adverse reaction or fear, ask another team member to go with you to the main gathering point or radio our support personnel.
4) Do not enter any elevator or elevator shaft, or raise any safety gates near the elevators under any circumstance.
5) Do not try to provoke or be hostile to the ghosts to get them to respond. This technique is only used by experienced investigators. Remember it is all fun and games until you are possessed or an entity follows you home!
6) Listen to your intuition. If you get goose bumps for no known reason, feel compelled to turn your head in a particular direction, etc. snap a picture or pay attention to the EMF/K2 Meter, digital thermometer, and so on. Your feelings can sometimes be the best equipment.
7) Remember that for the most part what you can experience has a living cause. For instance wood floors creak with changing temperatures and pressure on other boards. Look for drafts if you experience changes in temperature or doors that open/close on their own.
1) Take as many photos as you want.
2) If you get the feeling to take a photo take a couple quickly in a row.
3) Avoid aiming the camera at reflective or glossy surfaces, such as windows, mirrors, or shiny steel. This can cause misleading reflections.
4) Sometimes ghost intentionally will avoid you seeing them, so put the camera over your shoulder and take a picture behind you without looking.
5) When cold be aware of exhaling while taking a picture as your breath may appear in the picture.
6) Try to make sure there is another reference point in the picture to compare your full picture results to (i.e. another person, chair, etc.)
1) When starting the EVP session, say date, time, location, and each person in group should introduce themselves to any potential spirits.
2) When performing an EVP session, all individuals in the group should stand or sit still and take turns asking questions with pauses in between.
3) Everyone should speak loud and clear enough so during review of audio it is clear who is speaking and what the investigators are saying verses other sounds/voices. Any other sounds made by investigators during these sessions should be tagged to confirm it is not paranormal activity.
4) Ask the spirits to respond by shouting or speaking loudly or by coming close to the recording device.
1) These measure Electro Magnetic Fields (EMF) emissions. The lights demonstrate different levels of milliGauss strength as follows:
1st & 2nd Green – Normal to Low Level (0 to 2.5 milliGauss)
Yellow – Mid Level (2.5 to 10 milliGauss)
Orange – High Level (10 to 20 milliGauss)
Red – Extremely High Level (20+ milliGauss)
2) Sweep the area you are investigating first to determine the base readings around the room.
3) Look for normal causes for higher EMF levels such as power sources before assuming the lights are associated with a paranormal cause.
4) When scanning, move the equipment in a slow sweeping motion. Fast, jerky, movements can result in false readings.
1) This thermometer can read the temperature of the air around you as well as items that it is touching.
2) To measure air temperature, press the “Scan” button and hold. Do not hold the end of the thermometer close to any surface, as this will measure the temperature of that item.
3) To monitor for temperature changes or if an individual believes they feel a cold spot, point the end of thermometer into the cold spot and press the “Scan” button.
4) The probe is for measuring the temperature of an item it is touching. For instance if someone’s hand was cold but nothing else, you can place the probe against the hand to measure the temperature. To measure using the probe, press the “Meas” button.
5) To change the readings from Fahrenheit to Celsius, press the “Scan” button and then press the “Mode” button 4 times and then press the “Scan” button again. To change it back repeat.